Thanks to several other Slicers who posted some variation on a gratitude list or an inventory of what makes them happy. Gravity Goldberg has been saying how important it is to look at the world from a place of admiration. I readily believe her, but there are days when I could use some more practice shaping my perception.
So…it’s Monday. What am I looking forward to in delightful anticipation this week?
- A bright afternoon and evening. The morning dark can feel like a fortress of solitude, but evening light energizes me when I transition from my full-time day-job to my full-time parent job.
- An impending blizzard. It’s true, I don’t want to miss the days from school, but there’s something exciting about being snowed in. (Plus both my boys are old enough to help shovel.)
- Waking up to the hush of snowfall outside the window.
- Admiring the smooth, untrodden snow in the back yard.
- Stocking up on must-read books before the storm. I’m going to visit my school library and talk with my book dealer. I’m also going to raid the school book room (which I’m in charge of) for a stack of new books that I haven’t had a chance to read yet.
- The bacon that has been waiting, patiently, on the shelf in my fridge!
Looks like it’s going to be a good week!